Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Changing the Way We Think

This idea of the Internet changing the ways in which we think is an interesting thought. Although I do not log in to Facebook as much anymore, I have to admit that it became natural to me when getting on the computer to go straight to the Facebook website to log in. I did it without thinking twice about it. I would be planning to go to another site and find myself at the Facebook page.

The skill of reading is not just given to us. It is something that we must acquire over time through continuous practice. I agree with what Proust says that reading is "something we have to learn how to do." It is important to make sure students are continuously engaging themselves in reading whether it be through the Internet or on paper. It is a great thing with having such easy access to the Internet, although I do think it could be triggering to laziness when it comes to the educational and actual thinking part of it. We really aren't having to put forth much thinking and effort to find out information. We also must be cautious when using the Internet because although it provides an abundance of information, not all of that information is true. The Internet is a wonderful source but we must not become glued to it and rely on it for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment