Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Being Brave!

I personally did not care for some of the ideas that Beatti mentioned. I understand the wanting to "be brave" but it doesnt seem as though some of these ideas could realistically happen. I know I wouldnt want to just sign my child away for a teacher to bring them wherever they want whenever they want. Parents want to know where their child is and they may not want their child going on certain field trips. As far as the supplies list and online note-taking goes, not all students have access to computers. Yes, USB drives are cheap, although they would have no significance to a student who doesnt have access to a computer outside of school. The same goes with this as far as the online note taking. Technology has brought us far and if every student has access to a computer than this would be a great idea, although realisticaly many do not. It would not be fair to have this option if not all students have access to it.
In general, I think this blog is a great opportunity for teachers to be able to speak their minds and voice their opinions on what they believe needs to be changed within the school system. If I were brave, I would set aside days where my students and I could step outside the usual classroom setting and have class outside. Changing things up a bit every once in awhile keeps the fire going and as long as the students are well behaved and still able to concentrate, I think venturing outside for a class every now and then is a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment