Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I Love Teaching!

Since I was a little girl, I have always dreamed of becoming a teacher. Each year, we would dress up for career day and I always came as a teacher! I can remember playing "school" with my friends and making lesson plans and teaching on my little dry erase board. Now that I am a year away from graduating and becoming a teacher, I have learned so much more about what this profession really entails.

I think this blog is a great inspiration for all teachers who are down in the dumps because of hectic situations at school. This is somthing that can help remind a teacher of why they are there and what their mission is as an educator. I will soon become a Literature teacher and I truly believe I have a passion for the subject as well as children, and my goal is to teach them to the best of my ability through my personal talents and teaching skills. The satisfaction of knowing you have successfully helped students strengthen their knowledge in a significant way is truly amazing. Building a close relationship with each of my students will be crucial in getting them to open themselves up in order for them to academically excel. I am also looking forward to learning from the students. Not only am I getting to teach them, but in return I am also learning things from them. It is a reciprical process and I am looking forward to them teaching me as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment